Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Welcome

I'm not going to lie; this blog is mostly for me to keep track of my reading so I can look back on past books as a go through and see if I get anything new out of re-reading a few favorites from before.

Right now, most of my reading is mostly revolving around the 1,001 Books that You Must Read Before You Die book by Peter Boxall, but I'm more than willing to read other stuff. As a history undergrad, I also have to read tons of books for school and will likely comment on those here as well. If I end up in grad school, I'm sure school-related books will increase in number, and 1,001 Books may be forced to take a bit of a break.

I would imagine that first up will be a discussion of God's Bits of Wood by Sembene Ousmane, which I read for my Gender in 20th C. Africa class. It was good stuff. A better summary/review to come soon. Right now, I'm chugging through The Jungle by Upton Sinclair from the 1,001 Books. I'm not all that into it right now, so we'll see if I finish it this try through.

No comments:

Post a Comment