Sunday, October 11, 2009

Quick Review: Eats, Shoots, and Leaves by Lynne Truss

I'm just going to give a quick review of Eats, Shoots, and Leaves since I'm on my way out for rockclimbing with the inlaws :)

Let me preface this review by saying that I am a stickler (except online) when it comes to punctuation. I figure that people who take the time to make signs to advertise their goods, should at least use proper punctuation...I will never buy banana's from a grocery store.

That being said, I think this book is extremely accessible. It's a bit caustic for those who just can't seem to grasp some of the rules she explains, but she at least summarizes basic punctuation rules by using extremely funny examples of terrible punctuation in print. She also has a lot to say about what the downfall of punctuation (see grocery store signs and text message speak) can mean for human understanding of language...something I think all book bloggers should be concerned about!

My rating: 9.7/10

Other reviews:
**Please let me know if you have a review of this book posted...I couldn't seem to find any in my cursory search of my Google Reader**

Up next: Guernica by Dave Bolling

No comments:

Post a Comment