Thursday, August 13, 2009

Linking to Other Reviews

As a new book blogger, sometimes I'm a little unsure of the "community" aspects of book blogging. It seems that others link to other reviews for their readers to compare, see other viewpoints, etc. How does one do that? I found the Google book blog search engine, which seems to be an excellent resource for getting these links. I've also requested on the main page of the search that my blog be included. Still, it seems like for some of the classics/older/really popular novels, there are just so many potential links to include in every post. How do you decide which ones to include, which ones not to (my Google Reader is not quite up to snuff so I don't think that would be a natural way to limit links right now)?

So, I'm hoping to get some feedback about this, since others seem much more informed about this stuff than I am. :) I added a link in my Zorro post, but I'm not even sure if I should have asked permission, etc. before adding even that. I'm currently slugging through a large (almost 1,000 pages!) book, so I'll have some time to get some feedback before I need to post another review. Let me know what y'all think, and I'll figure out some way to spread some love and provide other opinions about the books I read.

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with this, too. Personally, what I do is list the all the ones I can easily find. Even using the book blog search engine, it can still take some time weeding through seeing which posts are actual reviews and which just happen to mention the book for some other reason. Thus, I know I miss some, but I never deliberately leave anyone out. So, I always try to remember to leave a note asking for people to leave me their links if I missed their review. Yeah, I really wasn't much help here, was I? ;)

    ReplyDelete