Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rating System

I'm doing my best to try and make my rating system as simple, but specific as possible. I found that I was being really limited by the 1-5 star rating system that I had been using. I thought it took far too much for me to call a book "perfect" with a full 5/5 stars, but giving it a 4/5 would be too much like only giving it 80% credit when it probably deserved more than that.

So I'm moving towards a 10 point system, leaving myself room to use decimals as I see fit. I went back and re-labelled my other reviews with the new rating system, and I'll try this out for a while. Hopefully, I'm more satisfied with the flexibility, and I'm able to be more informative with a final rating.

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great idea. I always want more flexibility in my ratings whenever I am doing anything like that.

    ReplyDelete